+ OUR TRAININGS
All of us at Multi Options Nursing Inc. are pleased to present our new Expanded Role Certification for nurses providing primary care in remote areas.
This program took its inspiration from the Clinical Practice Guidelines for Nurses in Primary Care published by Health Canada's First Nations and Inuit Health Branch (FNIHB) to help primary care nursing personnel practicing in aboriginal communities and remote regions.
Our training team includes over 14 healthcare professionals who have distinguished themselves in their respective fields in Quebec. The fact that 11 of them currently work in remote settings (or have recently done so) helps ensure that the training accurately reflects the realities of such environments.
Our updated training covers the main guidelines for the assessment (history and physical examination), diagnosis, and treatment of everyday and urgent health issues affecting specific systems of the human body.
Our program is designed primarily to help practitioners:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments (including all biological and psychosocial aspects) in order to treat each patient as a whole
- Recognize signs and symptoms so as to respond promptly and provide emergency care
- Use various therapeutic guides and other medical resources
- Promote better health and the prevention of illness, primarily through education (in community or company settings)
- Develop their ability to self-evaluate and use clinical judgment based on respect for patients and their overall needs
The learning modules span more than 170 hours and include the following:
- Introduction: Culture shock and adaption to new environments
- Writing SOAP notes
- Respiratory system
- Cardiovascular system (Advanced Cardiac Life Support [ACLS] covered over two days, with certification card)
- Digestive system (entire abdomen)
- Genitourinary system (male and female)
- Musculosekeletal system (muscles, skeleton; plaster and other splints)
- Nervous system
- Dermatology (includes suturing practice)
- Endocrinology and diabetes
- General emergency and major trauma
- Mental health (includes evaluating suicide risk)
- Obstetrics (includes emergency and prenatal care)
- Pediatric care and emergencies
- Women’s health and gynecology (includes actual gynecological examinations, sexual assault evidence kit)
- Medical evacuations
- Communications and motivational sessions
- Legal aspects of nursing
Please also note that MON has received Emploi-Québec certification as a trainer (#0055919). The MON+ certificate awarded to participants who successfully complete this program confirms that their nursing skills have been evaluated.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!